BOBB Films is a production company run by Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein.
An overview of their projects can be seen at http://www.rickiandabbyfilms.com/.
Lake and Epstein partnered in 2004 to make the documentary “The Business of Being Born” and have also written a book and executive produced 6 other documentaries in the women’s health space. BOBB Films is in production on two current films “Weed the People” and “Sweetening the Pill” along with several ancillary media projects.
BOBB Films is seeking a part time employee or paid intern to serve as an assistant to Ms. Lake and Ms. Epstein. The assistant will help manage day to day operations for the company and assist on all media projects for 15-20 hours/week. We are looking for a minimum 1 year commitment. Candidates will need to have some or all of the following qualifications and skills:
- A background or interest in women’s health and/or women’s reproductive issues or women’s studies.
- A background or interest in documentary film production, media or journalism.
- Strong writing skills and experience with social media to manage all social media accounts and create monthly newsletter.
- Administrative asst. experience to manage scheduling for Lake and Epstein, coordinate conference calls, create calendars, manage email communications and create financial reports for accountant.
- Excellent personal skills and initiative to work independently and contribute ideas