Choices in Childbirth (CiC) envisions a world where every mother has access to maternity care that is safe, healthy, equitable, and empowering. Our mission is to improve maternity care by providing the public, especially childbearing women and their families, with the information necessary to make fully informed decisions relating to how, where, and with whom they will give birth. Our goal is to promote evidence-based mother-friendly childbirth options through public education, consumer advocacy, and pioneering policy reform efforts.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a candidate who is highly passionate about women’s health and wants to learn more about the field in addition to public health and non-profit operations. The intern will collaborate with all departments and focus on a range of projects, including longer-term and day to day/immediate tasks assigned by the team.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
· Research funders in Sexuality, Gender & Women’s Studies, Women’s Health, etc.
· Support the team with various strategic projects and ongoing initiatives
· Writing assignments for the CiC blog
· Collaborate on special events, volunteer schedules, and activities including our monthly Healthy Birth Choices Workshops
· Communicate to Mother-Friendly providers for our online directory
- The internships will be begin in January 2015 and run through May 2015
- Approximately 8 hours per week
· Days and hours are flexible, according to your academic scheduling needs
· This is an unpaid position but we will help secure academic credit if applicable. Travel reimbursements for public transportation will be available as well.
Clare Friedrich <email@example.com>