Sex Education Initiative
Teachers College, Columbia University
Dear NYC Public School teachers:
If you, or someone you know, currently teaches Sex Education, there is a FREE upcoming professional development opportunity at Teachers College, Columbia University this Fall 2017. The Sex Education Initiative, a fully funded, multi-day teacher training program includes:
- Foundations Core Skills Training by Answer
- Intentional Pregnancy & Parenting (IPP) Training by Teachers College
- A panel discussion with leaders in the field open to the public
- Vouchers to purchase additional curricular materials and online trainings
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Reflect on how their own values and histories impact their teaching of sex education
- Effectively engage students’ future-orientation around pregnancy postponement & family planning
- Purchase instructional materials and further professional development with generous vouchers
- Apply for Continuing Education Credit
To be eligible, you must teach Sex Ed in a NYC Public Middle or High school, but do not need to be a certified health educator.
Training begins in October 2017 and ends December 2017.
Early application deadline by September 20, 2017.
Become a Sex Ed Fellow!