- Facilitator: Chris Bobel, Ph.D.
- Date: Saturday April 12th, 2014
- Time: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Place: Jefferson Market Library - 425 Ave of Americas
- Title: Keeping Girls in School: Taking a Closer Look at the Promises and Perils of Menstrual Health Campaigns in the Global South
Description: Explore the little known fact that girls’ periods often keep them home from school. A growing number of social entrepreneurs are focused on finding creative ways to get menstrual care products in the hands of girls who need them most. Join our discussion, 'under wraps', an emergent form of menstrual activism in the global south. This talk will combine video, photos, and qualitative data from a new research project with Chris Bobel, Associate Professor of Women’s and Gender Studies at the University of Massachusetts, Boston, and author of New Blood: Third Wave Feminism and the Politics of Menstruation.